About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
A confused homosapien.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Weekend Mania!!!!

So folks, what is it that you love about the weekends? Uhhhh, lemme see, Is it the gifted 48hrs of slumber, of treating yourself like a Queen or worse, more work? Lolz!!! To me it is where I can spend hours sleeping late in the morning. Doesn’t it feel good waking up on your own free-will without worrying about heading to office, completing a new task or deadline, chit-chattering of colleagues on ‘she has an affair with xxx, ‘he eloped with his friends wife’, ‘he still pees and stinks’ or something better like ‘new guy in the block’. ‘clothes and apparels at an affordable rate’, ‘new tries at looking different from the other’ or ‘blooming of young love’? Everything is a movie, only sophisticated yet, boring.

Life seems so bustled with talks throughout. Heading home is what everyone loves. Why? To spring onto that long stretch of wood crafted symmetrically coated with stocks of soft cotton piled vertically. Minutes of contact on that spongy surface feels heaven, numbing your ached feet, hands, neck with your slender back topping the list. You look up at the moving blades working its way to cool you down or watch the shadows of leaves playing hide and seek. Soon, you forget about all this, soothing and drooping your little soul.

Next day, Sunday. Is it different? Nopes... It’s Sleep, sleep and more sleep. Nothing compares to those hours of laziness with you craving for more. The alarm is long put away behind those cupboards or high up on a shelf only to be taken out again. I wonder how many of you had fallen off your cots while dreaming of castles and knights in shining armour. Thinking of it, I really don’t remember falling even once, not that I wanted to or wish for. Hurting those adipose tissues would definitely send waves of reds and yells which, I don’t yearn.

Getting excited for another short weekend already???? Try to go out for some fun till it comes to a speedy end. Keep your fatigued thoughts in an oven while you just go and get all geared up once again. Cooking, cleaning, washing would abide by your task, what the heck, weekdays are not too far. Sum up your jiggling toes, winding in a nearby store. Give that soul a treat but please….. don’t go about eating meat.
Happy feasting or fasting!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Varsh, I completely agree with you. Nothing can such lazy mornings... hmmmm... I love it. What a beautiful narritive skills you got! Especially, the description you give for bed made me feel like sleeping on it! You Rock!!!

    ReplyDelete